8 Things Twitter Can Teach You About Life
Twitter has taught me a lot in the past one and a half year. Honestly, twitter has made me a better person. There are *amazing* people all around. I treasure their friendships so much! So here are some things I’ve learned about life through twitter:
1. There will be people who love you, and people who don’t: We cannot please everyone. I believe we’re not here to please everyone. Cherish those people who genuinely care about what you have to say and ignore the haters.
2. Learning is a continuous process: There’s a plethora of information circulating on twitter. Keep your mind open, and be ready to take in all the good stuff. When you log out, make sure you learned something new and have taken something back with you. Similarly, in life, keep learning, keep growing.
3. It’s great to meet new people. You can’t just stay in your shell. You need to come out and socialize. ‘Meeting’ all the amazing people through this great platform called Twitter, has been an enriching experience for which I’m greatly thankful. Don’t let the wall of computer screens fool you – The relationships and friendships on twitter are as real as they can get.
4. Why so serious? Don’t forget to have fun. Life isn’t all about just work work and more work. Of course, serious is good, but we need to let our hair down once in a while too. Just like those fun, weird, and sometimes stupid tweets we exchange with our friends, it’s important to be a little carefree in life too. Carefree – not careless. 🙂
5. Say what you wish to say, but be careful about it: Express your thoughts – but be careful that you don’t hurt anyone’s sentiments. Don’t be judgemental. A lot of people have been sacked from their jobs because of a reckless tweet, you don’t want to be one of them. Hence always keep check on what you say – on twitter as well as in life.
6. Don’t lose control : If you’re drunk, if you’ve just had a huge fight, if you’re too pissed off —don’t take it out on twitter. If you do, chances are, you’ll regret it soon, but it’ll be too late and the damage would be done. You wouldn’t want your reputation to be ruined because of a few bad tweets. In life too, keep calm, and don’t lose control. Think and act.
7. Get help from others: Don’t be afraid to ask for help. Gandhiji said “If you don’t ask, you don’t get”. In order to constantly learn and grow, we need to keep asking questions and make the best of all resources to get our answers.
8. Stay positive! That’s what life is all about, right? If we’re not positive – nothing feels right. Positive and motivational tweets make you feel good about yourself and cheer you up. Likewise, a positive attitude and outlook in life will help you enjoy life better and hence inspires everyone around you.
There is so much to learn from every little thing in life and twitter is no different. As I once tweeted – “Inspiration is everywhere, you just have to look closely.” Keep smiling 🙂