This has been one of the most asked questions to me on twitter. “How do you find time for blogging?”,”I want to blog but my busy schedule doesn’t allow me to do it.”, “How do you keep generating content constantly?” etc
It’s true, blogging is a time consuming task and it is difficult to manage a blog and your busy schedule. It can be done only with great passion for writing and time management. So how should you effectively manage your time and blogging? Here are some useful tips!
1. Make a time table: Keep few hours aside as your blogging time. Choose a time of the day (or night) you’re most comfortable with and write blog posts every day. Writing posts everyday can be initially very difficult but it will help cultivate a habit. Here’s what I do – since I’m busy the whole day with my college and assignments, I write blog posts at night. I keep two hours free so that I can think of a topic and write on it. If you do this every day, eventually it becomes less hectic and more fun.
2. Make a stock of articles: Jot down points when you get ideas. Whenever you get a new blog post idea, write whatever that comes to your mind at that point and save the folder. That way, if you run out of ideas later, you can easily scan through the folder and expand the post. It saves time since you don’t have to start from scratch each time while writing a post. Also, if at all you have a lot of time free due to holidays, write multiple articles and keep a stock ready. That way, if you get busier in the future, you can publish posts from your accumulated articles and save time. This tip has been very helpful for me!
3. Avoid putting things off till later: Sometimes when you don’t feel like blogging at all – don’t. But if you can push yourself to write a quick post, do it! It’s all in the mind. There have been times when I’m way too tired or stressed about something –that’s when I decide to write a post. It helps relieve my stress too and gives me energy to write even more. Decide to write a post, and do it right away!
4. Concentrate: Focus completely. Keep an aim for yourself. “Today I’ll finish two blog posts” or “Today I’ll read up on other blogs”. Keep motivating yourself! Keep distractions away. Take breaks in between. And come back to finish your goal for the day. At the end of the day, it will give you a feeling of accomplishment 🙂
5. Remind yourself why you love to blog! Blogging is supposed to be fun! If you hate it, then probably it is not for you. If you truly love to write, you will go out of your way to make time for writing articles. If you’re a very busy person, it becomes difficult, yes, but not impossible. So if you want to get your blogging back on track, go ahead, write a post now! Let me know if these tips helped you too! If you have any more to add, feel free to share in the comments below 🙂
image credit : Stuart Miles