In today’s world, everyone has to deal with stress. It can be work related, career related, relationship related or family related. One of the main reasons why social networking sites like Twitter work is because it helps us relieve our stress. We can de-stress ourselves and enjoy the company, albeit virtual, of tons of new people.
Stay happy – Stay healthy. This mantra can do wonders. So here are some ways to live a stress free life:
1. Keep yourself busy. Keep your mind occupied. Write a blog post or step out of the house and do something productive 🙂
2. Think good, positive thoughts. – Trust me, this works! Only if you think positive, you will feel positive.
3.Keep negative thoughts away. – True, there are times when we feel hopeless and worthless. Don’t let it get to you. You are special and don’t ever forget that.
4. Give time for your hobbies – Play the guitar, paint, sing your heart out and just dance!
5. Exercise daily and meditate – a healthy body makes way for a healthy mind and soul.
6. Meet your friends – old and new. Friends can make you feel good. A great company will lift your spirits too 🙂
7. Always try to be happy — Happiness is a choice. Look in the mirror and say to yourself – “I feel happy today. I feel good about myself”. Remember, when you feel good about yourself, you look good to others.
8. Watch your favorite TV show or catch a movie in the theater – we all need a break sometimes, and a great movie or a TV show can be a great stress reliever.
9. Invite friends over for dinner or visit them for meet ups (or even better, tweet ups!)
10.Visit another city/country – It is always fun to go out of your zone and visit another city or country. Learning about other cultures can be a fulfilling experience.
11. Learn something new. Always wanted to strum that guitar like a pro? Wanted to cook like those Masterchefs on TV? Join classes and learn something new, something which gives you happiness.
12. Read books! Fiction or non-fiction – take your pick. Books have an ability to take you into another world. Funny, light and positive books will help you feel good!
What do YOU do to live a stress free life? Any more tips would be appreciated, just leave a comment below! Thanks for reading! 🙂