4. Use something which describes you: Are you a writer? Use your pen name! Eg. @2morrowknight. Are you a blogger? Eg. @virtuosoblogger A musician? Eg. @MarySarahMusic Or A rockstar? 😉 Choose your handle accordingly
Apart from these, here are some handy tips for your twitter name:
• Don’t keep your handle too long because as elaborated here, it takes away space for further retweets.
• Do not keep cuss words in your twitter name.
• Don’t change your handle too often.
• Using too many numbers in your handle should also be avoided. It can become difficult to remember.
What other things should we remember while selecting a handle? Are there any points I have missed out? Feel free to hit the comment section.
So you think of joining twitter and the first thing that you should consider thinking about is your twitter username. The reason being that your twitter username will be your identity. People will remember you with your twitter username. Don’t you want it to be worth remembering? Something different, attractive and which totally stands out? So here are a few points I have noticed in tweeps with great twitter names.
1. Your full name: This is the most commonly used twitter name. It can be in various formats. This definitely makes your handle easy to remember. Some examples are : @paul_steele , @Pramitjnathan @RuhaniRabin are some amazing tweeters with great handles too.
2. Do you have a brand? Awesome tweeps like @2cre8 , @Flipbooks have the name of their company as their handle. Hence the name of their brand becomes their identity on twitter. With their awesome tweets, their brand comes into spotlight too.
3. Your name in an awesome way: Let’s take @rM1L , @JustDiii for example. They haven’t used their full name, but have tweaked their name in an amazing way which stands out.