All of us have seen it. Failure is inevitable. You cannot run from it. We fear it. Failure brings back bad memories. There is not a single person on the face of earth who has not seen failure. But most of us look at it as something which ruins us. We hate failure, don’t we?
Have you ever wondered – it is THAT very experience of failure that makes you a wiser, smarter person and leads you towards success. In other words, failure is good for us. Yes, it is. It is upto us to decide how we take it. Do we let failure take over us and surrender to it? Or do we get up and do something about it.
From how I look at it, here are 6 strategies (strategies that actually work) to handle any kind of failure in life:
1. Find out the reason for failure: Remember, if there are no obstacles on your road to success – your goal isn’t worth it. Life is not an easy ride and failures will come. Ask yourself, what did I learn from this? How can I improve? Don’t blame anything or anyone for it. Just with a calm mind, sit down, take out a paper and write down your plus points and minus points. Write down what went wrong and what should be improved. Once you have it all set, think about what you are going to do now. Forget about the failure in the past and think about the bright future you have ahead of you.
2. Give it another shot, learn from your mistakes, try harder than ever: Try again, with more passion, don’t repeat your mistakes, bigger goals, and higher determination. Give it your 100%. That way, you’ll know that you gave it your everything, you gave it your best shot, and leave the rest to God.
3. Don’t care what others think: This, is very important. We easily get influenced and affected by people around us and what they say about us. Remember, this is your life, and what others say should not matter. If they really care about you, they will not say hurtful things to you – especially aimed at your failures . People who stay by your side when you’re down will be the ones who will be genuinely happy when you’re high up! Never feel ashamed of yourself because of failure. Failure only means that success is coming next!
4. Make a plan: Plan everything out. Your strategies. Your goals. Your aim. And set time limits to them. Push yourself and concentrate. Success is comprised of four Ds = Determination + Dedication + Desire + Devotion. A well structured plan can help you to be more focused in achieving your goals.
5. Motivate yourself: Have faith in yourself. In times like these, it is very easy to consider yourself worthless and lose hope in everything. Don’t let that get to you. Motivate yourself. Stay around positive people who lift your spirits. Keep your distance from negative people. Think positive thoughts. Believe in yourself no matter what others say.
6. Listen to your gut feeling: Sometimes, failure can also mean that you’re on the wrong path. It can be an indication that your success lies somewhere else. In such cases, a detour can save your life! According to me, quitting doesn’t always mean losing. Sometimes, when you quit one thing and move on to something different and better, it can bring great happiness to your life too (Just like it did to mine!). But yes, quitting completely and NOT doing anything else, totally giving up hope is wrong. As the popular quote goes, “Follow your heart, but take your brain with you!”
I came across this great article which shows how really successful people overcame failures in their life to become great!
Finally, as Zig Ziglar puts it: “Failure + perseverance = Success” Nobody succeeds in a big way except by risking failure!
Do you agree with this post? How do YOU handle failures? Let me know in the comments 🙂
Images thanks to: