Blogs are everywhere these days. According to sources, there are almost 156 million blogs today and of course, increasing at a lightning fast speed every single day. I was unsure of blogs a few years ago. But later, I realized that blogging is a very essential tool in our lives. Blogs can make an impact.
So here are my top 9 reasons why you should blog!
1. You get to voice your opinions. If your thoughts and ideas are new, creative, different, interesting – people might actually come to check what you think of certain topics. You get to choose what you’d like to blog about. Choose a subject of your interest and it should be something you know in detail about. There! That’s the first step to getting your blog started. Blogging makes you a better writer. Your thinking prowess expands. You can have a variety of blogs – Tech blogs, social media blogs, poetry blogs, beauty blogs, photo blogs, rant blogs and SO much more. The ideas are unlimited.
“And it occurred to me that there is no such thing as blogging. There is no such thing as a blogger. Blogging is just writing — writing using a particularly efficient type of publishing technology.” ~Simon Dumenco
2. Blogging is all about sharing. Twitter , a micro blogging site, has reached at such height of popularity because of its sharers. Twitter is just a condensed form of blogging. If you’ve got great content, share it! That’s where blogs come in. People look forward to exciting information and if you have it, then your blog will be highly appreciated. And if you’re entertaining too, then that’s a plus.
3. You get to learn. SO MUCH. The blogosphere is filled with uber intelligent people. You go on a blog like Bit Rebels, and bam – tons of info. You can learn so much from each and every one. That finally helps your own blogging capabilities. Learning new things from different people is something I always look forward to.
“Blogging is best learned by blogging…and by reading other bloggers” ~ George Siemens
4. Share your expertise! “Blogging is good for your career. A well-executed blog sets you apart as an expert in your field.” ~Penelope Trunk.
Everyone knows something useful which others probably don’t. If you are an expert in your field, use that expertise to blog. Write down what you know most about or what you’re most passionate about. And blog it! Remember, knowledge which is not shared, is useless.
5. You inspire: The feeling you get when people tell you that you’ve inspired them is unreal. When the words from your mind end up inspiring someone, it makes your day. It wouldn’t be wrong to say that blogging spreads happiness.
6. You become more disciplined: This has made a huge difference in my life. Initially, I used to blog whenever I felt like it. But now, I make it a point to blog every alternate days. Of course apart from the “sick leaves”, I managed to blog every alternate day for a month and will continue to do so. My point is, it instills a sense of discipline in you. If a post has to get published today, that means it HAS TO. Patience, passion, determination and dedication is key!
7. You get exposure: Not many people will know about your blog initially. But if you keep working hard and keep building connections and contacts, your blog will see great traffic. You have to be everywhere (Twitter, Facebook, Stumbleupon, Digg and now, Google+) to promote your blog, but you have to be careful not to overdo your promotions. And yeah, you start gaining popularity too 😉
8. You’ll become thick skinned: You cannot please everyone and there will be people who will strongly disagree with your thoughts and opinions. Some will put it harshly, but instead of letting it bring you down, you will learn to accept it and move on. A blogger needs to be thick-skinned. If they felt strongly enough about replying to your blogpost, then it means that you DID make an impact on them
“The more popular a person thinks he is in the blogosphere, the thinner his skin and the thicker his hypocrisy. This should be exactly the opposite: the higher you go the thicker the skin and thinner the hypocrisy.” ~Guy Kawasaki
9. You will relax. And finally, blogging is very relaxing. Blogging is just like relieving your mind of your thoughts and penning (in this case, typing :)) them down so that your mind feels better and lighter. If you love blogging, it shouldn’t be stressful at all. So go ahead – let the world know what you feel, what you think and share your knowledge! Blog away!
“Don’t focus on having a great blog. Focus on producing a blog that’s great for your readers.” – Brian Clark
Blogging is Totally Weird~ Nat
Some quotes via dailyblogtips