A regular FB user updates Facebook once or twice a day, a not-so-regular user updates FB a couple of times a week and a die hard FB fan updates many times throughout the day. Our home feed is filled with a number of styles of status updates depending on a person’s moods, feelings, experiences etc. From what I’ve noticed, these are some of the different types of status updates that people post! Hope you enjoy this fun article~
1. The Good morning/Good night: This is for the people who update their FB as soon as they wake up, everyday and read it like it’s your morning newspaper. Or the ‘goodnight’ before they head to bed. Some people upload pics of the sunrise/sunset to go with it – which makes it cool
2. The Question : A lot of Facebookers ask questions. Help required, opinions needed, recommendations, anything! Such statuses generate a long thread of comments too.
3. The Rant: Many people write about how someone totally ruined their day or how they are angry about something. Facebook is a place to just let out your thoughts, for many.
4. The emotional status: The sad update about telling everyone how sad you are. The “I’m feeling low today” and the “I need hugs.” and the like. It is generally followed by comments of your friends and family cheering you up.
5. The “Look at me, I’m having fun at this partayyy, wooooo” drunk photo upload. I don’t think this needs further elaboration.
6. The Quote: Good quotes can make your day – not only on twitter but on facebook as well! Motivational quotes, love quotes, friendship quotes and more!
7. The LOL inducing witty status : These statuses make everyone go “Wow, I wish I had thought of that!” Witty, funny, interesting status = loads of LIKES!
8. The Song lyrics (which are indirectly directed at someone): People update their FB with song lyrics maybe because the song is stuck in their head, or maybe because those lines perfectly describe their current situation. Song lyrics can also be indirect taunts to someone. Ouch.
9. The “I’m sick FML”: People who are sick give updates to their FB friends about how they first caught the cold, then it turned to fever, then it became cough and then it got cured. It is usually followed by lots of “Get well soon” comments.
10. The one which tells about their daily routine. “Today I woke up at 6 am, I’ll do this and this, I did that and that” And repeat.
11. The “I love you” to the BF/GF: Aww I love when I see my friends always write mushy statuses about each other and tag each other. Try calling or meeting IRL next time.
12. The controversial status: Everyone is opinionated. And when someone posts a controversial status, people are bound to leave comments with their opinions about it – which may or may not lead to further argument.
13. The review of a movie: Some people write their short review of a movie as soon as they step out of the movie theater, sometimes with spoilers too! “Oh he died in the end”. Um Thanks.
14. Attention seekers: Stuff like “I DUN HAVE FRIENDZZ, NOBODY CARES ABOUT MEEE :(” Young girls, teenagers usually have these kinds of status updates. Not me, though
15. The happy people: When they buy something expensive, they tell everyone about it. If they win something, they tell everyone about it. And if they get a reply from a celebrity on twitter, they ..umm tell everyone about it. If you’re happy and you know it, update your FB!
Thanks for reading this article! It was all in good fun.
Which one of the above do you update your FaceBook with? Do you have any more to add? Feel free to comment!